1. Who among the following won the 2012 Nobel Prize in Chemistry on October 10, 2012 for studies of G – protein coupled receptors?
(1) Robert J Lefkowitz and Daniel Shechtman
(2) Brain K Kobilka and Adam G Relss
(3) Robert J Lefkowitz and Brian Schmidt
(4) Brain K Kobilka and Robert J Lefkowitz
Answer : (4) Brain K Kobilka and Robert J Lefkowitz
2. Who were made the permanent members of the U.N. Security Council?
(1) One representative from each continent
(2) Five major powers of the Allied Forces in the Second World War
(3) Five members elected by the U.N. General Assembly at the initial Constitution
(4) Funding members of the U.N. General Assembly at the initial Consitution
Answer : (2) Five major powers of the Allied Forces in the Second World War
3. Which of the following writs / orders of the High Court / Supreme Court is sought to get an order of an authority quashed?
(3) Quo Warranto
(4) Habeas Corpus
Answer : (3) Quo Warranto
4. Which is the earliest Engineering Educational Institution in India?
(1) Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
(2) I.I.T., Kharagpur
(3) Roorkee Engineering College, (I.I.T. Roorkee)
(4) BHU (IT), Varanasi
Answer : (3) Roorkee Engineering College, (I.I.T. Roorkee)
5. The Assam State derives its name from that of a tribe that contributes men come from?
Answer : (1) Tibet
6. Which is the Agency the Government has engaged to grade the standardise various agriultural products?
(1) Food Corporation of India
(2) Directorate of Marketing and Inspection
(3) Bureau of Indian Standards
(4) Central Statistical Organisation
Answer : (2) Directorate of Marketing and Inspection
7. What is the purpose of the India Brand Equality Fund?
(1) To promote in-bound tourism
(2) To make Made in India’a label of quality
(3) To organise trade fairs
(4) To provide venture capital to IT Sector
Answer : (2) To make Made in India’a label of quality
8. Who is considered the father of Sahastara (Sitar)?
(1) Mian Tansen
(2) Baiju Bawara
(3) Amir Khusro
(4) Bade Ghulam Ali Khan
Answer : (3) Amir Khusro
9. Which authority recommends the principles governing the grants in-aid of the revenues of the States out of the Consolidated Fund of India?
(1) Public Accounts Committee
(2) Union Ministry of Finance
(3) Finance Commission
(4) Inter-State Council
Answer : (1) Public Accounts Committee
10. Which is the fastest running train on Indian Railways?
(1) Mumbai-Goa Superfast Express
(2) New Delhi-Lucknow Shatabdi Express
(3) New Delhi-Mumbai & Rajdhani Express
(4) New Delhi-Chandigarh Shatabdi Express
Answer : (1) Mumbai-Goa Superfast Express
11. Who developed Ballistic Missile?
(1) Wernher Von Braun
(2) J. Robert Oppenheimer
(3) Edward Taylor
(4) Samuel Cohen
Answer : (1) Wernher Von Braun
12. Who among the following was named the best woman lifter in the Unequipped event of the senior National Powerlifting championship in Kozhlikode on September 5, 2012?
(1) Sampa Guha
(3) Prasidha Pandit Rao
(4) Preeti Temghare
Answer : (1) Sampa Guha
13. What is the chromosome number in a human ovum?
(4) None of these
Answer : (2) 46
14. Hashish is obtained from a plant. From which part of the plant is it obtained?
(3) Exudate from leaves and female inflorescences
(4) Exudate from stem and male inflorescences
Answer : (4) Exudate from stem and male inflorescences
15. Which state in India is the leading producer of Sulphur?
(4) Tamil Nadu
Answer : (2) Maharashtra
16. Apple Macintoshes (Macs) and PCs use different __________ to process data and different operating systems
(4) Storage devices
Answer : (3) CPUS
17. Which from the following towns is not on the “Golden Quadrilateral” being created for the roads infrastructure of the country?
Answer : (4) Gaya
18. Who invented the video-tape?
(1) Richard James
(2) Charles Ginsberg
(3) P.T. Fransworth
(4) Georges de Mestral
Answer : (2) Charles Ginsberg
19. Who is the author of the book “Courts and their Judgements”?
(1) Mr. Justice V.R. Krishna Iyer
(2) Arun Shourie
(3) F.S. Nariman
(4) Ram Jethmalani
Answer : (2) Arun Shourie
20. What is an Organisation’s introductory web page called?
Answer : (4) Website