Home » Computer Awareness
Category Archives: Computer Awareness
1. Analog computer is (a) is a means of communicating with at a low level (b) a device that operates on data in the form of continuously varying physical quantities (c) is an algebraic high level language (d) All of the above 2. Which of the following options correctly expresses the meaning of the term 'PCs'? (a) Independent computers Open It.
1. Which one of the following is the program seems to be doing one thing, but is actually doing another that is it sets up a backdoor in a computer system such that the intruder can gain access later? (1) Keystroke logger (2) Computer phising (3) Trojan horse (4) Spam ping 2. Which one of the following is the application that captures data packets which can be used to capture passwords and other data transit o Open It.
1. Microcomputer hardware consists of three basic categories of physical equipments, they are (1) keyboard, monitor and hard drive (2) system unit, input/output and memory (3) system unit, input/output and secondary memory (4) system unit, primary and secondary memories 2. 'TELNET' is (1) running complex programs by logging on to supercomputers belonging to other contries ( Open It.
1. Paging (1) solves the memory fragmentation problem (2) allows modular programming (3) allows structured programming (4) avoids dead lock 2. If you do not know which version of MS-DOS you are working upon, which command will you use after booting your operating system? (1) Format command (2) FAT command (3) VER command (4) Disk command [otw_shortcode_content_toggle t Open It.
1. Which of the following statements is not true for technological convergence? (1) It has changed the way we communicate with others (2) It has removed the entry barriers across the IT (3) It combines two or more functions, that have separate features, into a single function (4) Bringing change in the international technology 2. Customers access this service using an intelligent e Open It.
1. Which of the following is/are considered to be the video component? (1) Resolution (2) Color depth (3) Refresh rate (4) None of these 2. The personnel who deals with the computer and its management put together are called (1) software (2) humanware (3) firmware (4) hardware Open It.
___________ runs on computer hardware and serve as platform for other software to run on. (1) Operating system (2) Application software (3) System software (4) All of the above 2. Which of the following operating system does not implement multi-tasking truly? (1) Windows 98 (2) Windows NT (3) Windows XP (4) MS DOS Answer : (4) MS Open It.
The accuracy of the floating point numbers representable in two 16-bit words of a computer is approximately (1) 16 digits (2) 6 digits (3) 9 digits (4) 10 digits 2. The first machine to successfully perform a long series of arithmetic and logical operation was (1) ENIAC (2) Mark I (3) Analytic Engine (4) UNIVAC I Answer : (2) Mark Open It.
IBPS SO (IT Officer) Professional Knowledge Question and Answer 2017: Video conferencing is best described as a communication link used to conduct meetings between people (1) in different locations, which may be international (2) in different locations which must be in the same country (3) in the same location (4) in the same company 2. This system is a small, wireless handheld Open It.
IBPS SO (IT Officer) Professional Knowledge Question and Answer 2017: Dear Readers, We provide the IBPS Specialist (IT Officer) exam practice set for those who preparing the IBPS Specialist Officer examination 2016-2017: 1. An output device that uses words or message recorded on a magnetic medium to produce audio response is Magnetic tape voice response unit voice recognition unit vice band voice marker Open It.