In this type of questions, a round-about description is given in the form of certain small relationship and direct relationship between the person concerned is to be deciphered:
1. Pointing to a photograph, a man said, “I have no brother or sister but that man’s father is my father’s son”. Whose photograph was it?
(1) His own
(2) His son’s
(3) His father’s
(4) His nephew’s
Answer : His son’s
2. Anil introduces Rohit as the son of the only brother of his father’s wife. How is Rohit related to Anil?
Answer : Cousin
3. Pointing towards a person in a photograph, Anjali said, “He is the only son of the father of my sister’s brother”. How is that person related to Anjali?
(3) Maternal uncle
Answer : Brother
4. Pointing out to a photograph, a man tells his friend, “She is the daughter of the only son of my father’s wife”. How is the girl in the photograph related to the man?
Answer : Daughter
5. X introduces Y saying, “He is the husband of the granddaughter of the father of my father”. How is Y related to X?
Answer : Brother-in-law
6. Pointing out to a lady, Rajan said, “She is the daughter of the women who is the mother of the husband of my mother”. Who is the lady to Rajan?
(2) Grand daughter
Answer : Aunt
7. Pointing to a man on the stage, Rita said, “He is the brother of the daughter of the wife of my husband”. How is the man on the stage related to Rita?
Answer : Son
8. Showing the man receiving the prize, Saroj said, “He is the brother of my uncle’s daughter”. Who is the man to Saroj?
9. Pointing to a man, a woman said, “His mother is the only daughter of my mother”. How is the woman related to the man?
Answer : Mother
10. Pointing to a photograph, a person tells his friend. “She is the granddaughter of the elder brother of my father”. How is the girl in the photograph related to his man?
(4) Maternal aunt
Answer : Niece