Select the correct meanings : 1. Recurrent (a) often (b) always (c) repeated (d) emerging 2. Baffled (a) puzzled (b) studied (c) progressed (d) advanced 3. Supplement (a) rise (b) increase (c) induce (d) improve [otw_shortcode_content_toggle ti Open It.
Read the following passage and answer the question given below choosing the best option: In 1920, after some thirty-nine years of problems with disuse, high costs, and politics, the Panama Canal was officially opened, finally linking the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans by allowing ships to pass through the fifty-mile canal zone instead of traveling some seven thousand miles around Cape Horn. It takes a ship approximately eight house to complete the trip through the canal and cost an average ship to round the Horn. More than fifte Open It.
In the following questions, sentences with a blank have been given. Select the best alternative to fill up the blank so as to make the sentence most meaningful. 1. Transnational corporations and foreign firms have ____keen interest in investing in India (a) expressed (b) negotiated (c) discussed (d) displayed 2. First the hardware must get________the ground (a) at (b) off (c) of Open It.
1. Identify the Compound sentence: (a) The pen is on the table (b) Tigers roar and asses bray (c) Fire burns (d) It was raining 2. Identify the Complex sentence: (a) I cannot tell what has become of him (b) The moon was bright and we could see our way (c) Night came on and rain fell heavily and we all got very wet (d) His courage won him honour [otw_shortcode Open It.
1. Select the correct word: (Prefix / Suffix): (a) uncontinue (b) miscontinue (c) incontinue (d) discontinue 2. Select the correct word (Prefix / Suffix): (a) misappear (b) disappear (c) unappear (d) inappear 3. Select the correct word matching the suffix : _____ist Open It.
1. Select the correct Voice: They_____ the bridge. (a) repairs (b) are being repaired (c) are repairing (d) were repaired 2. Select the correct voice : The party _______ him leader. (a) will be elected (b) will elect (c) was elected (d) has been elected Answer : (b) will elect[/otw_shortcode_content_t Open It.
1. Find out the odd word : (a) Pen (b) Gun (c) Thin (d) Sun 2. Find out the error : Hindus (1) go to (2) temple (3) to workship (4) (a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 4 3. Find ou the error : Raju (1) is being playing (2) cricket (3) in the evening (4) (a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 4 [ot Open It.
1. Identify the Complex sentence: (a) The police arrived and the crowd dispersed (b) When the police arrived, the crowd dispersed (c) The crowd dispersed on the arrival of the police (d) The crowd dispersed at the arrival of the police 2. Identify the given sentence: It rained heavily yet he went out. (a) Simple (b) Compound (c) Complex (d) None [otw_shortcode_ Open It.
1. Jainism was founded by (a) Bodhisatva (b) Vikrama Jain (c) Mahavira (d) Vikrama Jain 2. The old name of Delhi was (a) Pataliputra (b) Ayodhya (c) Indraprastha (d) Agra 3. Indian Napolean was (a) Chandra Gupta I (b) Chandra Gupta II (c) Samudra Gupta (d Open It.
1. The Gandhara School of Art was also known as (a) Mathura School (b) Amravati School (c) Greco-Bactrian (d) Indo-Greek Art 2. "My father do not rest" are the words of _______ after the assassination of Gandhiji (a) Sarojini Naidu (b) Y.B. Chavan (c) Indira Gandhi (d) Nehruji Answer : (a) Sarojini Naidu[/otw_shortcode_ Open It.